Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our Guests in the Pasture

We've been seeing this doe here and there a lot lately, but this is the first time that I got a pic of her and her babies in the front yard.


Click on a photo to see it larger.



We usually see these turkeys up in the back pasture, behind the goats. In fact, I stumbled upon the place where they have been bedding down when I was cutting down some scotch broom to feed the goats. A fawn came rocketing out of the brush and about scared me to death. Besides the sneak attacks and the tree nibbling, I actually don't mind having the deer around too much. They are welcome to all of the grass, dandelions and scotch broom that their bellies can hold, I just need them to leave my poor baby cherry tree the heck alone, and we will all get along just fine. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment