Friday, November 19, 2010

Hens on Strike

This year it seems like my girls' egg production stopped earlier and more abruptly, and I am bummed about it. I actually had to break down and buy eggs! And even the "cage-free, vegetarian, organic omega-3" eggs literally pale in comparison. The kids noticed the difference right away.

Referring to her plate of scrambled eggs, Liv asked "Mom, why are these eggs so white?!"

"Because they're from the store, bunny."

"Oh yeah. Ew."

Unfortunately, I'll have to keep buying eggs for baking, but I think we're off the scrambled eggs until our hennies are up and running again.

Has anyone else had their hens ever stop laying so early and so abruptly? I know that I could probably get them going again if I put a light in the coop, but I really don't want to do that.

Are there any Olympia-area peeps out there that have any GOOD eggs for sale???

No comments:

Post a Comment